Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Visual Internship Spring 2011

The Visual internship at Anthropologie offers a great atmosphere for individuals to experiment with the contemporary visual art world. The internship involves creating and maintaining displays, assisting in the completion of visual projects, and upholding the overall aesthetic of the store and its objectives. This internship provides a cross between studio work and visual merchandising/ display, which both are areas that I’m sincerely passionate about. As an intern, I get to work with the visual team they have on site, and help them develop and execute the projects they have on hand in order to provide that “Anthropological” experience for the customers. Each season, each store undergoes a series of display changes, and I am glad to be part of the Spring 2011 change.

Upon entering this atmosphere, many questions arise. How, where from, and who exactly is behind this hype about their unique visuals. I would love to learn more about the source of their inspiration and the process of how they develop their great ideas. In addition to that I would like to expand my experience with professional studio work.

At the end of each week, I will make an entry to my blog explaining what I did during the time I spent there (10 hours/week), and describing the projects I helped work on. The Company’s strict publicity rules will make providing photos a challenge. But ill try my best!

I don’t exactly have the project planned yet, but I would definitely want to create something that is inspired by the visual teams’ process of formulating their ideas and executing them. This will offer me a chance to develop my “thought process” techniques and push it in the direction of positive creativity.



No comments:

Post a Comment